Custom Courses for Health Care
3-Day Case Management Intensive Courses
These courses are designed for entry level or current Registered Nurses and Social Workers who want to master the fundamentals of professional Case Management as applied to their particular setting.
Our Case Management courses may be customized and adapted for client-specific requirements.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Discharge planning
- Resource management
- Insurance fundamentals (PPO, HMO, Medicare, Medi-Cal)
- Observation status
- Fraud and abuse
- Communications skills with patients and family
- Working with vendors (e.g, Home Health, DME, etc.)
- Appeals and denials strategies
- Length of stay management
- Working with physician advisor
- Providing clinical reviews to payors
- Case management metrics
At the end of a Case Management Intensive, participants will be able to successfully demonstrate essential case management skills customized for their respective workplaces.
Participants who successfully complete courses will qualify for a 6-month group mentorship program lead by content expert Anne Heisinger. The mentorship program includes weekly phone calls, to discuss current case management issues in the work setting and to receive new teaching content from Anne Heisinger.
19.5 Contact Hours pending approval by California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Master Your Success Mindset
- Leadership Strategies for Women
- Own Your Brand and Your Image
- Understand and Use the Male Business Culture to Your Advantage
- Invest in Yourself for Greater Results!